27th Annual • October 3, 2015
All For A Good Cause
- Alzheimer’s Association: Raise funds vital to the association’s mission and provide hope to over 5 million Americans living with Alzheimer’s Disease. Train and ride the Sea Gull Century with Alz Stars, where every mile is fueled by hope. For information call 410-543-1163 or e-mail Damian.Magarelli@alz.org.
- American Institute for Cancer Research: Sign up with TeamAICR to help fund research linking diet, exercise, and weight management to cancer prevention! For more information visit our event page or email our events coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Buoniconti Fund to Cure Paralysis: Raise funds vital to the ongoing spinal cord and brain injury research at The Miami Project to Cure Paralysis. Train and ride the Sea Gull Century with Kevin McDonald and the 2014 Cure Paralysis Century Cyclists Team. For information, email Heather McDonald at email@example.com
- Cystic Fibrosis Foundation - Metropolitan D.C. Chapter: Raise funds to cure cystic fibrosis and to provide all people with the disease the opportunity to lead full, productive lives by funding research and drug development, promoting individualized treatment, and ensuring access to high-quality, specialized care. To sign up to ride with the CF Foundation please contact Erin Leahey at Erin.firstname.lastname@example.org
- Habitat for Humanity: Over the years, Sea Gull Century riders have contributed more than $120,000 to build Habitat for Humanity houses in Wicomico County. Thank you for your gifts that helped make the American dream of homeownership possible.
- Local Non-Profits: Each year, Sea Gull Century proceeds benefit dozens of non-profit organizations. A sample of organizations receiving contributions include the Learn with SU lifelong learning program, Green Earth Book Award, Ocean City Lioness Club, Powellville Fire Department Ladies’ Auxiliary, Helping Hands of Beaver Dam, American Red Cross, Snow Hill Rotary Club, Salvation Army, and the League of American Bicyclists. Funding for SU campus enhancements and student organizations, such as Relay For Life. Donations totaled some $75,000.
- Salisbury University Scholarships & Grants: A portion of proceeds over and above Century ride expenses go toward the Sea Gull Century Awards at SU. Annually each year, awards totaling $5,000 is allocated to multiple SU students who went above and beyond during Century weekend. Funds are also awarded to support faculty research and travel every year.
- Women Supporting Women is a not for profit organization and their mission is: To provide awareness, education and support to all those who are affected by breast cancer. www.womensupportingwomen.org. All riders will receive a Pink Cycling Jersey. For more information contact Carlos Mir at 410 546-7880 or email email@example.com
* * *